The Top Ten Steps to Planning a Successful and Memorable Event Your Guests Will Never Forget
1. Take your time in looking for each particular service. How creative are they? Does their company name stand out amongst the others? Whether it’s a chef or even a magician, they will all have a part in making your event truly fun a memorable for you and your closely selected guests in attendance.
2. Read about this company you’ve chosen. How strong are their testimonials? Does their website alone sell you or do you need a little more incentive? Are their photos and/or videos of past events? This is part of the fun in planning your day.
3. Once you’ve chosen and narrowed down the companies you would like to allow cater your event, it’s always a good idea to get to know them. Set up a meeting time, sit down and go over a few things. What makes them passionate about their job? How long have they been in their line of work? Are they charismatic and easy to spark a conversation with? All of these greatly factor into deciding whether or not this particular representative will contribute in making your day exquisite.
4. Now that you’re familiar with your staff, make sure they’re familiar with the owner/host of the particular place you’ve chosen to hold your celebration. If there are any questions or comments on the day of your soiree, they won’t need to disturb you or disrupt your relaxation. Perhaps a minor step, but definitely plays a part in to making the day effortless for you.
5. If you’re not sure on what to buy as far as wine, Champagne or how much…ask. Planning an event can be an extensive, stressful and expensive process. You don’t want to overpay and you certainly want to make sure that your guests are well taken care of. Make sure you utilize all of your resources available to you.
6. As the day come closer, you also want the staff, and everyone involved, to know the location very well. Do they know if there’s a first aid kit around just in case? If a guest asks, do they know the nearest accommodating restroom? You want your staff to be well aware of everything as much as possible to make things easier on you and those involved with hosting the event.
7. It is also a very good idea to make sure that before the day comes, all money and financial business is taken care of. It is somewhat discomforting to have such a beautiful, flawless day go by and someone comes and asks you for the rest of their payment. Do they seem more interested in the money opposed to your interests? You want your event and your particular requests to be first priority. Not the impatience of receiving the rest of their payment.
8. Your staff should arrive at a very comfortable time they day of the event and make sure they’re well aware of the importance of arriving early. Have they been late in a previous rendezvous? If there are any problems the day of, there should be enough time to rectify the issue.
9. By all means, don’t be afraid to be a little unorthodox! Is there perhaps something you feel is missing? This is your event and you’ve spent a lot of time and money into making a fun and memorable day come to life. This also goes back to the creativity and charisma of your staff. Make it your own and be original.
10. Last but definitely not least, have a great time! Events are best when they’re truly enjoyed and unforgettable. After all the hard work in meticulously choosing different services and meeting with different people, you should faith in your staff! They’re professional, they’re able to make your guests laugh and have a good time and most of all, they are helping make your event come to life and be absolutely unforgettable.